Monday, January 24, 2011

Reading List

I have been scouting things out at the Library and have come across some great books! Good projects and lots of inspiring ideas! Check out the following:

The New Handmade -Cassie Barden
I made the cell phone case and found the instructions to be easy to read. Lots of fun ideas from laptop covers to purses, potholders and pencil cases.

The Feisty Stitcher -Susan Wasinger
Includes some cool recycling/re-purposing ideas. You can find totes, slippers, jewelry, scarves and T-shirts.

Sewing Bits and Pieces -Sandi Henderson
Lots of ideas for scraps to include ideas for kids and home. I did my own take off of her sweater refashion below.

Sewing Green -Betz White
Lots of eco friendly projects. Totes, lunch bags, pillows, skirts, pajama pants and items for kids. I have lots of ideas tabbed in this one!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list -- I have to check out Feisty Stitcher. I've come across the others while working at the library -- the craft section is a serious weakness of mine.
    A few others I've recently enjoyed and you might too:
    Scandinavian Needlecraft
    Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase
    Little Birds

    ReplyDelete