Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tomato Wars

The long winter has driven me outside to the garden! I am very happy to spend the days in the sun and breathing fresh air! This year we have vowed to be more dedicated to the garden than ever. We will harvest more, eat more, preserve more and of course spend more time doing it. I have decided to do a little experiment this year. Everyone knows I garden so someone donated some red plastic to me. The idea is that the red color boosts tomato production. I think it is probably a bunch of hooey but since they were free and will at least keep the weeds down next to the plants I will give it a try. Do you have any secret garden tricks?

1 comment:

  1. My secret garden trick: Cut off any branch that hangs to the ground or about one inch to the ground. It typically doesn't produce good fruit and why waste growth energy. (Plus, it can get fungus or some other disease - from what I am told.) Equals - amazing fruit and veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete