Monday, March 7, 2011

Tool Storage

Sometimes you just need to be a little creative when it comes to storage. This is my outhouse. It was built during the 1930's by the Works Project Administration (W.P.A.). This program was introduced by Franklin Delano Roosevelt during the Great Depression as means to put people to work. Well, my outhouse is now over 80 years old and standing strong. I had a friend help me move it from a property that I knew was facing demolition. The owner gave me a strange look and then gladly agreed to let me take it. Sometimes, you just need to ask!

It has a new piece to tin on the roof but otherwise is in its original condition. I fastened it to a concrete base to make sure I didn't get any outhouse tipping during prom week and now I have the perfect place to keep tools close the garden and store hoses for winter! It could probably use a paint job.....sigh. One more thing for the task list.

No comments:

Post a Comment